Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My 16 year ld chihuahua's bottom jaw quivers. his teeth

Customer Question

Hello. My 16 year ld chihuahua's bottom jaw quivers. his teeth are decaying and I not sure sure if this is the culprit? He has CHF so I just want to make sure that it is not related to the disease?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.Unfortunately the expert you requested is not online at present but I know you will be wanting a quick answer so I have decided to step in, I hope this OK with you. My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Hello again and thanks for waiting.I have worked out an answer for you below ...1. This is something I have been asked many times by the clients at my clinic. Shivering of the bottom jaw and chattering of the teeth of the teeth is not in fact a sign of any specific dog disease, rather it is taken as a general symptom of stress, anxiety, pain or discomfort. 2. Unfortunately there is nothing much you can hope to do for your dog on a home remedy basis, it would be an idea to have him checked over by a vet just in case some pain relief meds might help, or perhaps he needs an update or started on heart meds. The main thing would be to have the vet check him over and make sure there is no serious underlying cause for what you are seeing. I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.