Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My 11 week old puppy ate Shaklee Vitalizer multivitamins ,guessing

Customer Question

My 11 week old puppy ate Shaklee Vitalizer multivitamins ,guessing about 12, about 12 hours ago. She seemed completely fine all day but has now vomited twice. And she's still acting normal. What should I do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, Just to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Hello again and thanks for waiting.I have worked out an answer for you below ...1. As twelve hours have passed it is now too late to try and recover this vitamin product via inducing vomiting as this should be done within the first hour after ingestion. So all you can do now is monitor your dog and see how things go but in my experience most pups will get away with this sort of thing without too much of a problem and it is very encouraging that she is still acting normally at present. 2. Just treat her normally in the meantime and keep an eye on her for any odd symptoms such as continued vomiting, diarrhoea, lethargy or inappetance and have her checked over by an ER vet if you become further concerned. As I said hopefully this will not be necessary I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I fed her rice, as suggested by a friend, and after 10 minutes she threw it up. She dry heaved for about a minute. She knows it's bed time so she's cuddling beside me like normal. When I tap on her she wakes up. She did seem uninterested in eating and drinking.
Hello again, Thanks for the further information ... As I said other than inducing vomiting { too late } there is unfortunately little you can do on a home remedy basis other than just observing her in the meantime. What you may want to do is to keep an eye on her overnight and if you are still concerned tomorrow then have your regular vet check her over. Of course if you note any deterioration then it would be best to have an ER vet check her over right away just to be on the safe side. Regards, Scott
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are the chances that she could die in her sleep? I'm a pretty heavy sleeper and I just am worried to fall asleep and her go down hill fast. Even though this happened 12 hours ago
Hello again, After ingesting such a product I would very much doubt if she will die in her sleep, I have never know this happen personally. However there can be no guarantees via the internet so if you are concerned it may be best to have an ER vet check her over now ... You can't be too careful, Regards, Scott
Hello again,I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Shaklee Vitalizer multivitamins.How are things going?Regards,Dr ScottPlease be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Reina. How is everything going?