Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My 9 month old puppy chihuahua at least one time every other

Customer Question

My 9 month old puppy chihuahua at least one time every other day get dizzy lathargic and stiff for hours then will act normal again wat could be wrong with her
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to help you both today!My primary concerns would be low blood sugar, an issue with a liver shunt, or seizure activity. My recommendation would be some basic bloodwork to rule out the sugar and liver issues and videotaping the incidents to relay to your veterinarian and hopefully hone in on what is going on with her and begin appropriate treatment to stop the behavior. It sounds very scary!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
There are treatments for every differential I listed it is a matter of honing in on the cause and beginning the appropriate therapyPlease let me know if this information makes sense and any additional questions I can assist with today! If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I would avoid feeding milk, dogs are often quite lactose intolerant and it can cause a stomach ache +/- loose stools
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately that is not something I am set up to assist with. I will opt out to see if another expert is available to help with this service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how many breathes should she take per minute
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Normal breaths per minute is <30, the concern lays when consistently over 60 breaths per minute. A younger dog can often be a faster respiratory rate. Especially a little dog such as yours. If it is consistently over 60-80 then I would be concerned
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I am signing off for the evening unless there is anything else I can assist with tonight?