Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog has pneumonia in her right lung she is on 2 antiobiotics

Customer Question

my dog has pneumonia in her right lung she is on 2 antiobiotics since tues afternoon and on a pain and anti inflammatory pill, seems to be a little better but has dierehha and a slight cought still is this normal??
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to help you both today!To answer your questions, yes it can be normal to have both:1.) The cough will take a while to subside as there is often scar tissue in the lungs and require weeks to months to resolve completely. As long as it is less or not productive, she has more energy, is eating well, not losing weight, and the cough is improving these are all great signs2.) The diarrhea can potentially be related to the antibiotics she is on. You may want to talk to your vet about a probiotic to balance out the antibiotics in her gut along with a gi food to help firm up her stool. If the stool continues to be loose, has blood, she has vomiting or reduced appetite it is time to discuss a change in antibiotics to minimize further gi upsetI hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both today. I hope that your Jackie is feeling back to normal soon! If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!