Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Sir my dog has just ingested lambda cyhalothrin he has

Customer Question

Hello sir my dog has just ingested lambda cyhalothrin he has already vomited and emptied his stomach but is now eating grass what should I do
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.Unfortunately the expert you requested is not online at present but I know you will be wanting a quick answer so I have decided to step in, I hope this OK with you. My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. However before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me so could you please answer the following :1. How long ago did your dog ingest this substance and how long after that did your dog vomit? 2. Roughly how much did your dog swallow?You can then expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype if this is more convenient for you. Please get back to me if this is more suitable for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 30 minutes
Not muck just licked up a puddle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry vomit started rite after
Hello again and thanks for waiting.I have worked out an answer for you below ...1. The normal first line home treatment for this sort of toxin { pyrethroid chemical class of pesticide } would be to induce vomiting within the first hour, but this has already happened in your case. This plus the fact that not much was swallowed is very encouraging. It may be as well to try and stop him eating grass as this on it's own can cause vomiting. 2. All you need do now is just to monitor your dog for any adverse symptoms, these could include tremors, drooling, lack of appetite, vomiting, diarrhoea, incoordination, hyperactivity, disorientation, depression, difficulty breathing. Of course contact your vet without delay if any such symptoms appear or you become further concerned but from what you have told me so far I think this would be unlikely. I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He's now in his bed but seems restless
Being restless and perhaps twitching would be a typical sign of this sort of toxicity, as long as things do not get worse then there is not too much cause for concern. Keep a good eye on him though. Regards, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
No problem, very glad to have advised you ... I should be available online for the next three or four hours so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if your dog's condition changes or you would like to talk matter over with me further. Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again,I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue.How did things go?Regards,Dr ScottPlease be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hi Josh,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Licorice. How is everything going?