Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in veterinary medicine and surgery.
56364752

Dr. Loretta my dog has been vomiting all yesterday and today.

Customer Question

Hi Dr. Loretta my dog has been vomiting all yesterday and today. My husband took him to the vet and they gave him a shot and prescribed bisnuthuizeom and Cimetidine. The vet said it might be an intestinal obstruction. I'm very worried and have him pedialite to hidrate him. I can't afford to pay all the vet is charging. What can I do? Please help me!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm a licensed veterinarian and I'll be happy to help. Your requested veterinarian has been off line and your question was placed back on our question list, and I'd like to be help.
The most important thing for Silvester right now is to stop his vomiting and to keep him hydrated with a healthy electrolyte balance. Pedialyte is a very good thing for him to be drinking, and the Cimetidine and Bismuthlezeom should help stop the vomiting.
I would offer him small amounts of the Pedialyte frequently. . .no more then 1/8 cup every hour.
Don't offer any food until tomorrow if he is no longer vomiting.
How is Silvester doing by now?
Dr. Barbara
I'm just following up on our conversation about Silvester. How is everything going?
Dr. Barbara