Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

my approx 85lb golden retreiver aook a lamotrigine 100 mg tab

my approx 85lb golden retreiver aook a lamotrigine 100 mg tab by accident . will it harm her?
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions to be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Do you have hydrogen peroxide?
2- How long has it been since she ingested the pill?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

been 30 or 40 mins I think. Yes I have Prox.

June, it is very unlikely for 100mg of Lamotrigine to have any effect in an 85 lbs Sadie, but if you wish you can induce vomiting you can do so by giving her hydrogen peroxide orally. This is what you can do:

1- Give her 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide orally to induce vomiting.

2- Allow her to walk for a minute and move her belly to mix stomach content with peroxide. If she does not vomit within 5-10 minutes, repeat it again. Can give a total of 3 times 5-10 minutes apart.

3- If she does not vomit or you do not see the pill in the vomit observe her for the next 24 hours, if you see lethargy, changes in respiration, anorexia, etc. have her checked by a veterinarian. Most likely you will not see any symptoms and she will be fine.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Hi June,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Sadie. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter