Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

Is there anything I can give my 11 year old dog who ate 2 slices

Is there anything I can give my 11 year old dog who ate 2 slices of cheese pizza. Two days ,she has not eaten anything except water
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions to be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?
2- How long has it been since she ate the slices?
3- Any other symptoms?
4- Is she spayed?
5- Any pre existing medical conditions?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1. She is just very quiet...2. 2 days ago . 3. not any other symtoms

4. yes 5. Enlarged heart, stage 4 possibly kidney problems because she is taking Lasix for the last year.

1- Is she lethargic?
2- Any vomiting?
3- Any abdominal swelling?
4- How much does she weigh?
5- Can you take a look at her gums and see if they are pink or pale?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1. same since diagnosed with enlarged heart .

2. no vomiting

3. cannot tell

4. 18 lbs. Cavalier King Charles

5. pink

I have been fortunate because Molly McGee was given 10 Months to live. That was 1 year ago in October. She is very well taken care of by my two Vets. I am spending $3 to 500. a month on her med's.& office visits My Dr's are great but as you can guess I am spending more than I can afford. That's why I am asking you for a little advise - and not taking her in right away--- Unless you tell me that I should. I was thinking of Tums for the tummy, but am aware that could be a big mistake. Can you lead me in the right direction?

Friend, certainly eating 2 slices of pizza can cause her to not feel well. But, the fact that she has a history of heart disease we can not over look this important aspect. I would recommend you start her on Pepcid AC (famotidine) 10mg 1/2 tablet every 12 hours for the next couple of days. You can buy pepcid ac over the counter in any pharmacy. If she is not eating by tomorrow after starting the pepcid ac I would definitely have her re-checked by family veterinarian for a hands on examination.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter

I'm just following up on our conversation about Molly Mcgee. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter