Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, emphasis in dermatology, internal medicine, pain management
14008320

My dog ingested some Benadryl extra strength itch stopping

My dog ingested some Benadryl extra strength itch stopping cream. He seems to be acting normal. What should I do
Welcome! My name isXXXXX am a UC Davis graduate, and currently, a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.

I am sorry to hear about this concern for Rowdy.
Well, I am not concerned about any toxicity from it. But, you will need to keep an eye out for any gastrointestinal symptoms including:
- vomiting (not likely)
- diarrhea (possibly)
- loss of appetite
- drooling

Otherwise, I see no need to take any emergency action at this time, and no need to induce vomiting.

Please let me know if there is anything I did not cover for you. I hope that information has been helpful.
Please remember to select Reply to Expert, if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. Please, hold off providing your feedback rating until you have asked all your questions. Otherwise, I greatly appreciate your rating to close the question. My goal is to try and provide you the best answer possible.