Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

My puppy is a 7 month old Golden and was spade on October 21st.

My puppy is a 7 month old Golden and was spade on October 21st. Yesterday the neighbors terrier attacked my dog and bit her leg and roughed her up until I could grab hold of his collar. Today she seemed OK, but has started to drool and whine and doesn't want to eat. This started about an hour ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions to be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is she limping?
2- Any puncture wounds?
3- Was she bit in other areas?
4- Is she on any medications?
5- How much does she weigh?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She limped last night, but not so much today. Her leg was bleeding and she was scratched in other areas. She's not on any meds and weighs approx 50 lbs

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She was limping last night, but not so much today. Her leg was bleeding and she was scratched in other areas. She is not on any meds and weighs in at approx 50 lbs

1- Can you check in her mouth and make sure there is nothing stuck under the tongue, gums or teeth?
2- Can you see if her gums are pink or pale?
3- Can you take her rectal temperature
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing stuck and her gums are pink. A lot of saliva though and whimpering. Oh, yeah, we're putting a sterile ophthalmic ointment under her eye and have been for a week and a half

Wendy, when we see excessive drooling it can be related to many possible causes. Common causes are: Stress, oral discomfort, nausea, pain, gastrointestinal discomfort, etc. to name a few causes. The fact there is a history of bite wounds I am inclined to believe this could be related to pain. I would have her checked by family veterinarian to examine the wounds and start her on oral antibiotics. In the meantime in case if this is related to pain start her on Buffered Aspirin 325mg 3/4 tablet every 12 hours. For the bite wounds this is what you can do:

1- Do not let her lick the wounds or the medication below. Pick up an ecollar (cone) in your local pet store to stop her from licking/gnawing at affected area.

2- Pick up in your local pharmacy "Hibiclens" antimicrobial soap or chlorhexiderm scrub. Dilute 1-2 tablespoon for every cup of water. Use this mixture to flush the wound 2-3 times a day.

3- After flushing affected area as above apply a topical antibiotic like neosporin or bacitracin. Do this 2-3 times a day for the next 7-10 days.

4- Follow up with your family veterinarian.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Hi Wendy,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Bailey. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter