Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

My JRT is normally the picture of health at 4 years old. This

My JRT is normally the picture of health at 4 years old. This morning he showed signs of being in pain (wimpering, shaking, etc.), he won't walks tempidly and won't jump up on or down from the couch. The vet did a physical exam and noticed his stomach was tense. No fever, no vommiting, bowels normal. The pain seems to be getting worse.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions to be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- When was he examined by your vet, today?
2- Was he send home on any medications? If so, what are the names?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1. Yes, today

2. No medication. He offered anti-inflammatory but I wasn't sure that was a good idea because we haven't ruled out stomach/digestive issue.

He did a physical exam- and noticed the tense abdomen, and I noticed pain in low back spine. Also, my boyfriend (maybe?) accidentally stepped on him this morning, but doesn't know where he got the dog, and didn't think it was severe.

Allison, the symptoms that you are describing in Moosie is consistent with neuromuscular pain like a pinch nerve along the back or a pulled muscle. The abdominal tension noted by your family veterinarian is common in patients with back pain as they contract their abdominal muscles to provide more stability to the spine. I would recommend you phone your family veterinarian and start him on an anti inflammatory medication like Rimadyl. Rest him, no running or jumping for a couple of weeks, even if he is feeling better once he started on the medication.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Hi Allison,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter