Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

frequent urination that started today- whines when she has

frequent urination that started today- whines when she has to go-acts like she just isn't feeling good
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions to be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is she spayed?
2- Is she drinking more than usual?
3- Is the volume of urine more or less than her normal amount?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago., she isn't drinking more. less, she goes outside and I can see when she goes normally-but toay when she squats I don't see it - I did put my hand under her to tell if she was doing anything there was a small amount

Sandy, the history and symptoms you are describing are consistent with a urinary tract infection. You see, the increase in frequency to urinate is because she has an infection that is causing irritation (inflammation) of the urethra (tube connecting bladder to vagina). When the urethra is inflamed it gives the feeling of having to urinate, this is why she is going more frequent; the increase in frequency does not allow the bladder to accumulate enough urine and only produces a small amount of urine every attempt. Other possible causes could be bladder stones. She will need to be seen by your family veterinarian to rule out bladder stones and start her on oral antibiotics.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Hi Sandy,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Cass. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

very good ,took her to the vet, she's taking an antibiotic an doing much better.

Great, I am happy to learn she is doing better.

Dr. Peter