Dr. Dan M.
Dr. Dan M., Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon
23462335

I have a three month old toy yorkie, I just had him at the

I have a three month old toy yorkie, I just had him at the vet yesterday for booster shots. Appointment went great, I got him home and my boyfriends small grandchildren were over ( we repeatedly told them not to pick him up, etc their parents were "watching") anyway later last night after they left i went to pick my puppy up and he cried , he cried when I pet him... I put him down and watched him closely he walks fine, he is eating and drinking fine, he is playing like a puppy does, now this morning he is still walking etc, but now he is crying when trying to poop. I'm not sure if one of the children might have tripped over him or if he is constipated or maybe his anus is sore from the thermometer being inserted at the vet visit. Should I take him back to the vet today? He is peeing.

I hope I can help with your question and do message me if you have any queries regarding my answer/advice.

If Simon is bright alert and happy as well as eating and drinking normally with no vomiting or diarrhoea then you could consider watching and waiting for things to improve. However, if the pain is persisting, worsening or frequent then a vet check for peace of mind may not be a bad idea.

These small yorkies are very sensitive and sometimes residual discomfort from injections or rectal examination is left.

If faeces are passing normally and there is no obvious lameness then I suspect the pain will settle through the day.

However, if new signs develop (sickness, diarrhoea, lethargy, bleeding bottom, inability to pass a motion) or the pain persists or worsens then pop to your vet.

Good luck and I hope he settles soon

Dr Dan Makin