Dr. Christian K.
Dr. Christian K., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of veterinary experience in canine surgery, medicine and behavior
15186300

hello my dog was bitten by tick I took it out a week ago and

hello my dog was bitten by tick I took it out a week ago and everything was ok only small bump today her left side is huge what can i do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Christian K. replied 11 months ago.
This is Dr. Christian. I'd like to help Stella.
When you say her left side is huge, where on her body do you mean?
Is she acting normal otherwise (eating, drinking, active, etc.)?
Are her gums a normal pink color?
Is there any bruising on her skin and does the swelling seem painful or hot to the touch?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

It is by her ear left side she seems slow today and the bump is hot.

Where on her left side?
How big is the bump?
Are her gums a normal pink color?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

The bump is below the ear it is tennis ball size and her gums ok.

This sound like a developing infection and possibly even an abscess (a pocket of pus and infection). That situation would require a visit to he vet and antibiotics. You could try a warm compress on the area for 5-10 minutes twice daily (such a warm, damp towel) and that may help some of the swelling. Some abscesses need to be punctured and drained and in rare cases surgery is necessary. It's definitely best to take her to a vet as soon as you can. If you have more questions please reply back.
Dr. Christian K., Dog Veterinarian
Experience: 12 years of veterinary experience in canine surgery, medicine and behavior
Hi Sandy,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Stella. How is everything going?

Dr. Christian K.