Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

Dog is approx 7 years old. Small Pomeranian. Tonite notced

Dog is approx 7 years old. Small Pomeranian. Tonite notced dog seemed lethargic. Dog will not eat or tried canned chicken pieces but would not eat. Fixed a bowl of milk but wou drink. Tried to feed milk through an.Eyedropper. Drank the milk through the eyedropper but vomited the milk about 10 minutes later.
Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.

This vomiting/ decreased appetite may be due to one of many things. It could be a bug in the GI tract (gastroenteritis), an obstruction, metabolic disease, an irritant, ect.

The majority of cases will be due to a non-specific gastroenteritis and conservative care at home can often relieve the signs.

This is what I would do for now:
1. With hold food and water until he goes 6-8 hours without vomiting
2. Give over the counter Pepcid AC (Famotidine) at a dose of  0.25 mg per lb every 12-24 hours
3. After the fasting period you can try either a bland diet of broiled chicken/ hamburger and rice. If not available, you can just give small frequent meals (3-4 meals/day rather than 1-2 meals/day). If any diarrhea is noted, you can also give 1-2 teaspoons of canned pumpkin with the meals. The extra fiber helps firm up loose stool and promote normal colon motility.
4. This will usually resolve the signs in 2-3 days if a non-specific gastroenteritis.

If that does not help, then bloodwork and x-rays may be indicated to rule out other causes and getting an exam and work up would be ideal.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thabmnk you. we will follow yoir advice

You're welcome, I hope he's feeling better soon.