Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

What happens if a dog eats aluminum foil?

Dr. Whitehead :

Hello there. My name isXXXXX and I am sorry to hear that Jake is trying to get himself into trouble. The good news is the aluminum should not really cause to much of a problem and usually when they eat it they tear it up into small enough pieces that it passes without much of a problem. They may get a little upset tummy so monitor for any diarrhea or vomiting. If that happens you can give pepto at a dose of 1 teaspoon per 15 lbs every 12 hours that will settle stuff down. This should all pass within 48 hours in their stool.

Dr. Whitehead :

Otherwise there should not be much concern just watch them both closely. If the vomiting and diarrhea last for more than 24 hours they should be seen by your vet to make sure nothing else is major going on and to help them over the hump.

Dr. Whitehead :

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!