Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

My daughter just found our 3 month old beagle puppy under her

My daughter just found our 3 month old beagle puppy under her sister's bed.....eating deodorant. He has not vomited yet. But he is coughing now.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions to be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Did she eat the container or just the deodorant part?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He did not eat the container. Just some of the deodorant.

Friend, the deodorant is not going to be systemically toxic. But, it can cause some gastrointestinal irritation like vomiting or diarrhea. The coughing is not related to deodorant, separate problem, he could have a cold which is common in puppies. If he develops a moist cough, thick yellowish nasal discharge he should be seen by family veterinarian for oral antibiotics.
As far as the deodorant, if he develops vomiting or diarrhea remove the food and water for 3-4 hours then change diet to a bland diet of rice and boiled boneless chicken for a few days. Then, wean into regular puppy food.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter