Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian
71397578

Hello my dog threw up this morning and I found a piece of plastic

Hello my dog threw up this morning and I found a piece of plastic bag + a hair band + some sticks pieces in his vomit.
He is doing some gasping sound as well like he needs to throw up more or like he can't breath. What should I do? Should I bring him to the vet or wait a little. He is still energizer and has appetite.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

Dr. G. :

Hello, my name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Dr. G. :

I am sorry to hear your boy is not doing well.

Dr. G. :

The fact that he has vomited up all of this is a bit alarming. It sounds like he is still trying to vomit and is uncomfortable

Dr. G. :

The best thing to do is to have him checked out by your vet and have an x-ray taken to make sure there is nothing else in the stomach

Customer:

He is a naughty boy. Should I wait a little to see if he is vomiting more? My boyfriend is with him and told me he did once the gasping sound.

Dr. G. :

Has he had any vomiting since the first episode this morning?

Customer:

no. He didn't. and trust me it was a suprise to see what he ate

Dr. G. :

one option is to wait and see if there is any more vomiting, which would suggest there is still foreign material in the stomach causing a blockage. Typically if there is no vomiting, there is no obstruction, but that is not always true. That is why x-rays are recommended.

Dr. G. :

As long as he is doing well and does not vomit again, it is likely he will be fine

Customer:

Ok, I will wait a little and bring him after work if I see more vomiting and still the gasping.

Customer:

thnaks

Dr. G. :

you are very welcome. I wish you the best with your boy. Have a great day

Customer:

Thank you

Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
Experience: Private Practice Veterinarian
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.
Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please leave positive feedback for this conversation. Thank you very much and have a great day!