Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

dog ate 4 sticks of so far no symptoms. weighs 45

dog ate 4 sticks of butter so far no symptoms. weighs 45 to 55 lbs.

Dr. Whitehead :

Hello there. My name isXXXXX and I am sorry to hear that Kayla is trying to get herself into trouble. The good news is the butter should not cause much of a problem. She may have soft stools for a day or two but other than that will not cause any problems. You may want to give her some pepto at a dose of 1 teaspoon per 15 lbs of body weight just to help keep her belly settled. Otherwise just monitor her closely. I would feed her normally. If diarrhea occurs and persists more than 24 hours she should be seen by your vet to help her get over it. Otherwise no concerns at this point and time. I hope that helps and I hope that makes sense. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. thank you!

Hi Lin,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Whitehead