Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.

18lb dog ingested 75mg of benedryl gave 10 ml of peroxide did

18lb dog ingested 75mg of benedryl gave 10 ml of peroxide did not vomit, do I needto take toemergency vets they are 45mins away?

Dr. Whitehead :

Hello there. My name isXXXXX and I am sorry to hear that scrappy is trying to get himself into trouble. Even though that is a high dose of benadryl it will not cause any problems with scrappy. It may make him pretty tired but other than that it will not cause much of a problem. Benadryl is a very safe medication and even at high doses will not be toxic. So i would just monitor him, let him sleep it off. I would not try to induce vomiting again because the risk of inducing vomiting outweighs the effects of benadryl. I hope that makes sense and I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!