Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

my dog a little chihaua has small spots all over here and cannot

my dog a little chihaua has small spots all over here and cannot feel anything under them but she is real sensitive to the touch does not like you to touch them is there anything I can do for her I am on disability and do not get paid till Friday to be able to take her to a vet please help anything would be greatly appreciated Daniel Miles
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions to be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Can you describe the appearance of the spots?
2- Did they come quickly?
3- Is she itchy?
4- How much does she weigh?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

they appeared in about 2 days she is only 5 lbs she has been scratching a lot lately and I just put a Sentry flea treatment on her but have done 2 others and they did not do this

1- Are the spots like flaky, welts or crusty?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no just the hair sticking up and very sensitive to her for me to touch it nothing underneath when I move the hair to see if there is anything under it

Is it fair to say they are like bumps with the hair raised in each bump?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Daniel, I believe what you are seeing is called "urticaria." This is how the skin reacts secondary to an allergic reaction either to something Truffles ate or came in contact in the environment. I would recommend you continue on the Benadryl (diphenhydramine) 25mg 1/4 tablet every 8-12 hours for 5 days. If no significant improvement within a day of start the above dose of benadryl she will need to be seen by family veterinarian for additional medications.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter