Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Experience:  35 years of veterinary practice in small animal medicine

My 2 month old Yorkie came home with us today and she seems

My 2 month old Yorkie came home with us today and she seems to be contracting her abdomen and seems like she opens her mouth a bit when she does this, otherwise she seems fine, and plays a bit here and there. Drank water upon arrival, peed a bit, since I suspected hypoglycemia I gave her just the tip of my finger soaked in maple syrup…she looked better after that. But is still doing this…I wonder what may be wrong...
Hello, I'm Dr. Bob.
I understand your concern for little Chanel. How long has it been since you arrived at home with her?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just an hour, but it was a long ride home (about an hour) over bumpy road and I am texting you from Angola, Africa

Okay thank you, Patricia.
Judging from your description of her symptoms and the recent auto trip, I suspect she may be experiencing a bit of motion sickness. This isn't serious, and a bit of time and loving care should take care of it. I wouldn't recommend feeding her solid food for several hours, to give her stomach a chance to settle, then start with a small meal - 1/4 to 1/3 the amount she would normally eat, then wait three hours to make sure she keeps it down, then feed her another small meal of the same size. Limit her water intake to 1/4 cup every two hours to prevent regurgitation or vomiting caused by volume. Tomorrow you can put her back on her regular routine. Hypoglycemia is not an uncommon condition in small Yorkie pups, so keep the syrup handy in case she should start looking wobbly or weak. It can't hurt her and, if needed, can promptly pull her out of this problem. If you should have further questions, I'll be happy to answer them for you, but I think she's going to be just fine.
Kind regards,
Dr. Bob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, thanks so much, she seems to be asleep now, but not before doing more of those belly contractions which seemed to get better when I rubbed her belly…and then she seemed like she was trying to spit/vomit out something that never came out, although she wasn't making a real effort, it seems involuntary...

You're more than welcome!
I suspect she'll be just fine when she wakes up after a little nap, but if you have any more questions, please let me know.
Warm regards,
Dr. Bob
Hi Patricia,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Chanel. How is everything going?

Dr. Bob