Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My 10 weeks Boston Terrier was treated wish Albon for 2 weeks.

My 10 weeks Boston Terrier was treated wish Albon for 2 weeks. Now he has a watery stool and test shows that coccidia is still there. I was advised by vet to treat him with Albon for 2 weeks more. Is it safe for puppy? What else should I do to help him?
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions to be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Has he also been dewormed with other medication besides Albon?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, he was dewormed by breeder.

Lyuda, it is very common in some puppies to have to repeat the medication (albon) when dealing with coccidia. It is very safe to give it again; This is very standard. In addition, this is what you can do:
1- Supplement with a probiotic like Fortiflora. A probiotic are friendly bacterias in the intestinal tract that will help eliminate the Coccidia.
2- Change his diet to rice (50%) and boiled boneless chicken or ground beef (50%) until stool is back to normal.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Actually, I have been given him rice with chicken for 3 days, but his stool is even more watery. Anything else?

No, keep him on the diet of rice and chicken and supplement with the probiotic. And, the albon as your vet has recommended.

Dr. Peter
Hi Lyuda,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Ruger. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He is doing very well. Thank you very much.

Good morning Lyuda,

That is really good news! I am to learn Ruger is doing better. Nice talking to you.

Dr. Peter