Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

for some reason my dog keeps looking up and around him, sort

for some reason my dog keeps looking up and around him, sort of what it would be like if a fly were around him. but its been going on for a while now, he acts as if something is scaring him and he keeps crying when he gets put in his cage. When hes out of the cage he bolts to hide. hes 6 months just finished getting hes teeth in, not sure if thats relevant. His right ear is redder than his left on the inside and has what seems to be small yellow scabs. planned on taking him to the vet in the morning but was wondering if theres anything i could do or is this something more serious. my last dog never did this so im clueless Hes in my room at the moment and seems with less anxiety but hes at full alert and restless. He also is very resilient to going outside which until now he loved going out

Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.

Hopefully this is just an ear infection. That can cause discomfort, abnormal behavior and reluctance to go outside if it's cold out. In that case, some ear meds and anti-inflammatory meds should get this resolved. For tonight, you can give him some Benadryl to make him more comfortable. The dose of Benadryl in dogs is 1-2 mg per lb body weight every 6-8 hours as needed.

I would also have your vet do a good ocular exam to make sure he's not having some signs of blindness. I doubt this would be the issue, but it's worth ruling out.

Best of luck, let me know if you have any other questions.