Dr. Christian K.
Dr. Christian K., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of veterinary experience in canine surgery, medicine and behavior

My 5 month old puppy (16.2 lbs) just ate a ritz cracker size

My 5 month old puppy (16.2 lbs) just ate a ritz cracker size piece of memory foam and I wanted to know if it is toxic and if I should seek medical help for her?
This is Dr. Christian. I'd like to help Taffy.
How much does she weigh?
How long ago did she eat it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She is 16 lbs and ate it about 10 minutes ago

Thank you for answering my questions. Memory foam is not toxic but there is a very small chance of causing a blockage in her intestines. For that reason I'd recommend making her vomit by giving her 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide by mouth. It can be repeated 10 minutes later if needed. If she doesn't vomit the foam up then it may have already passed far enough into the intestinal tract that vomiting won't help. In that case watch her for signs of an intestinal blockage such as vomiting, lack of appetite, diarrhea and belly pain. If that occurs then have her seen by a veterinarian immediately. If she doesn't vomit up the foam then you can give 2 tablespoons of canned pumpkin with her food for the next few days. The fiber will help move the foam through her intestinal system. If you have more questions please reply back.