Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.

My 8 year old jack russle mix was running in the yard this

My 8 year old jack russle mix was running in the yard this morning and pulled his front right shoulder. He has been limping ever since. Is there something I can rub on it or give him to make it feel better?

Dr. Whitehead :

Hello there. My name isXXXXX and I am sorry to hear snoopy hurt himself. Rest is definitely the best thing for him right now but you can definitely give him some Tylenol at a dose of 5 mg per pound twice daily to help reduce pain and inflammation. Tylenol is safe at the dose that is published ( 5 mg per pound every 12 hours). So rest him for a couple days, give him the tylenol and you should see improvement with his shoulder. If you do not or if you see worsening then make sure you have him seen by your vet to have him checked out. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!