Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
A new question is answered every 9 seconds dog keeps walking up and down and wont settle.he keeps

This answer was rated: dog keeps walking up and down and won't settle.he keeps lifting his lft rear paw as if he has hurt it, however he has let me inspect it and there is nothing stuck in it.he also whines a lot and can't seem to get comfortable?

Dr. Whitehead :

Hello there. My name isXXXXX and I am sorry to hear about Max. It is quite possible that he has stepped on something or got stung by something that has caused some pain and discomfort. A couple of things you can try tonight to get him to relax and calm down and get some relief is to give him some benadryl at a dose of 1 mg per pound twice daily. This will reduce any inflammation and pain due to a bite or a sting. Also you can give him some tylenol at a dose of 5 mg per pound every 12 hours. This will also provide pain relief and is an anti inflammatory. You can give both together safely with no concerns. You can repeat both in 12 hours and see how he is doing in the morning. Of course if anything worsens or does not improve then he should be seen by your vet for a thorough exam. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!