Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Medicine and Surgery
6340741

Our 14 year old black Lab is coughing up blood...was diagnosed

Our 14 year old black Lab is coughing up blood...was diagnosed with lung cancer pressing on esophagus. Is it time to let him go?

Dr. Drew :

Hello, thanks for your question today! I am Dr. Drew, and I am a licensed veterinarian. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

Dr. Drew :

I'm sorry to hear about Buckley's diagnosis.

Dr. Drew :

unfortunately, the treatment options for such a condition, are quite limited, and unlikely to result in a cure.

Dr. Drew :

if Buckley's quality of life has diminished, then humane euthanasia is definitely an acceptable choice,

Dr. Drew :

to alleviate the discomfort and malaise that Buckley may be experiencing.

Dr. Drew :

I think euthanasia is one of the kindest things we can do for our pets, in their time of need, if we cannot alleviate their symptoms by any other practical means.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. That is what our wonderful vet is saying but I just need someone else to say so, be aid we live him very much.
You are most welcome. I know it's a very difficult decision, with a lot of emotion present, but in cases like this, it's often the right thing to do.