Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

Hi, my dogs are currently on Sentinel. I switched them from

Hi, my dogs are currently on Sentinel. I switched them from trfexis about three months ago for no real reason other than cost. Before that time, theybwereonntrifexis about 5 months with no issue. In would like to switch back as trifexis kills adult fleas. Their next dose is due on October 18th and I would like to give them the trifexis today ( four days early). The reason is that one of the dogs likely is affected by fela allergy dermatitis (itching, scratching, biting his hair). Same thing happened last fall when he was on front line (and got fleas...bad). Anyway, my vet is off today so I thought I'd give this a try.

Thanks in advance (by the way, Portie, and a Std. Poodle). :-)

Welcome and thanks for asking your question Leo. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today.

In response to your question, yes, you can give the Trifexis now 4 days earlier this will not be a problem or toxic for your dogs. Trifexis and Sentinel share one of the ingredients in common but giving it 4 days earlier will not pose any risk for toxicity.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!