Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, emphasis in dermatology, internal medicine, pain management
14008320

my dog has bend vomiting every time it eat he been like this

my dog has bend vomiting every time it eat he been like this for like three or four days
Welcome! My name isXXXXX am a UC Davis graduate, and currently, a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.

I am sorry to hear about this concern for Maxi.

Vomiting causes can include:
- Dietary indiscretion (eating something you do not know about)
- Stomach or intestinal foreign body
- Something that was given to them (new food, new treat, human food)
- Intestinal parasitism (not just the worms, but the microscopic bugs like Giardia and Coccidia). They can cause vomiting also, not just diarrhea
- Toxin exposure would be less likely, unless you have reason to suspect exposure to a chemical.
- Less commonly, endocrine diseases like Addison’s

I consider this very serious, especially for a dog of this age.
Repeated vomiting can often be due to ingestion of a foreign body.

I would not wait any longer. I subtle stomach problem from eating something foreign should have already stopped.

To help settle the stomach you can use of the following, but not as a replacement for veterinary examination include
1.Pepcid A.C. (famotidine) comes in 10mg, 20mg, or 40mg tablets.
You can give it every 12 hours. You can give 0.5mg per pound of body weight. So, a 20 pound dog would get 10mg.
2.Prilosec (omeprazole). It comes in 10mg or 20mg tablets.
You can give in every 24 hours. You give 0.5mg per pound of body weight. So, a 20 pound dog would get 10mg
3.Zantac (Ranitidne). It comes in 75mg, 150mg, or 300mg sizes.
You can give it every 8 to 12 hours. You give 0.25 to 1mg per pound of body weight. So, a 20 pound dog would get roughly 1/3 tablet of the 75mg. Even with bigger pets, it is easiest to get the smallest size tablet. Even a 75 pound dog would only need one 75mg tablet.
4.Pepto-Bismol or Kaopectate
You can give it every 8 hours. The average dose is 1ml per pound of body weight, and that is the TOTAL dose for the day, which should be divided into two or three doses. So, if a pet weighs 30 pounds, they would get a total of 30ml a day divided. This is dosing for regular strength Pepto-Bismol. If you use maximum strength liquid, give half as much.

Even if you give any of the above, I would definitely advise the vet visit today. Well worth it.

With vomiting of this duration, even if only a few episodes, x-rays will be very important. Very sorry Maxi is feeling sick.

for a little Chihuahua,
To help settle the stomach you could give a 1/4 tablet of Pepcid A.C. 10mg antacid, or a ½ tsp of pepto-bismol.

Please let me know if there is anything I did not cover for you. I hope that information has been helpful.
Please remember to select Reply to Expert, if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. DO NOT rate yet if have any other questions. My goal is to try and provide you the best answer possible.