Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, emphasis in dermatology, internal medicine, pain management

we just got our 10 month old puppy nutered today and it looks

we just got our 10 month old puppy nutered today and it looks like he has a black and blue sack now that we were told that was just fluid and not to worry about. looks like he was not even nutured its so big. worry about the little guy and don't want anything to happen to him, do u think he's o.k. we were given Rimadal 25mg. one tablet daily for pain.
Welcome! My name isXXXXX am a UC Davis graduate, and currently, a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.

I am sorry to hear about this concern for Louie.

It sounds like he has a "bleeder" from the surgery that has caused a hematoma (blood clot) to form in his scrotum. It is that bleeding which is causing him to bruise. If the scrotum continues to swell or you observe any oozing from the incision, I would get into an emergency vet for some assistance.

Rimadyl is a good non-steroidal anti-inflammatory that may help some.

If he will tolerate it, you can apply some direct cold compress to his scrotum/incision for a few minutes. Avoid direct ice. Separate by some paper towels so not to uncomfortable.

Sorry to hear about the complication. It does happen from time to time, so make sure to prevent any running or jumping.

Please let me know if there is anything I did not cover for you. I hope that information has been helpful.
Please remember to select Reply to Expert, if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. DO NOT rate yet if have any other questions. My goal is to try and provide you the best answer possible.