Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

I gave my dog a tri-heart plus pill for heartworm protection

I gave my dog a tri-heart plus pill for heartworm protection earlier in the day and appx 6 hours later I saw tapeworms in his stool. Should I give him more worming medicine on top of the tri-heart stuff or will the heartworm protection clean him out
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today.

Friend, Tri Heart Plus treats against roundworms, hookworms and prevents heartworms. But, it does not treat against tapeworms. You will need to buy a dewormer called Drontal (praziquantel) for tapeworms, you can buy this in some pet stores or online, give at label dose.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!