Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

I have an eleven year old XXXXX XXXXX mix. I noticed yesterday

I have an eleven year old XXXXX XXXXX mix. I noticed yesterday she was getting around slower than her normal spry bouncy self. Also she has a fine full body tremor. Any ideas about the cause?
Welcome and thanks for asking your question, I am sorry to learn Lucy is not feeling well. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions to be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?
2- Any pre existing medical conditions?
3- Is she on any medications?
4- How much does she weigh?
5- Can you take a look at her gums and see if they are pink or pale?
6- Can you take her rectal temperature?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No vomiting, diarrhea or cough, No preexisting condition. No meds. wt, about 12 lbs. Gums pale pink. No thermometer.

1- Is she eating and drinking?
2- Any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She ate good yesterday but neither eating or drinking today, just lying around and looks sad and like she has lost her best friend but no changes she and I live alone.

Friend, the symptoms that you are describing are very non specific and can be related to many different conditions. The body tremors you are describing could be shaking secondary to a fever (infection) or even secondary to pain as a result of a pinch nerve along the back, etc. the decrease in appetite is because she does not feel well. To determine the exact underlying cause she will need to be seen by your family veterinarian for a hands on examination. If cost is a concern consider having her checked by your local ASPCA or shelter where they often offer veterinary services at a lower cost. If you can not get her to a vet today start her on Aspirin 81mg every 12 hours for 5-7 days; rest her, no running or jumping for the next few weeks.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter

I'm just following up on our conversation about Lucy. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter