Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Experience:  35 years of veterinary practice in small animal medicine

My dog is having left quadrant mandible removed are the prospects

My dog is having left quadrant mandible removed are the prospects good for function after or do some dogs struggle, fudge already had part of ridge removed last Tue but having op Thursday, fighting with conscience over putting him thro it again!! X
Hello, I'm Dr. Bob.
I apologize for the length of time this reply has taken to get back to you. Your question arrived very early this morning when our staff is thinly manned.
I'm sorry to read of Fudge's condition. I am happy to report, however, that dogs do unbelievably well after this kind of surgery. They usually act as if nothing is out of the ordinary once they adjust to the situation, and the adjustment period is surprisingly short, usually two to three weeks or less. I would have no hesitation at all in having this surgery performed on my own dog as their quality of life afterward is quite high. If you should have further questions, please let me know.
Kind regards,
Dr. Bob
Hi Amanda,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Fudge. How is everything going?

Dr. Bob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi thanks picking my dog up tommorro op went well so it's just lots of tlc for him thanks again x

Thank you for the follow up, Amanda! I'm delighted to know that all went well. Hopefully Fudge will have a long happy life ahead of him from here on out.
Best regards,
Dr. Bob