Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005

My dog is 14 years old. She has gotten senile. Shie does not

My dog is 14 years old. She has gotten senile. Shie does not ask to go out as usual, but pees and poops right wherever she is when she needs to go. She has done both on my bed and even when I am carrying her out. She does not know the way back in. I have to go back out to get her. She is definitely blind in one eye and has poor eyesight in the other eye. Where can I get her euthanized? Will the Humane Society do it for me? I am on social security and cannot the $160 that PetSmart quoted. Thanks. Jo
Hi there and thank you for your question. I am a licensed veterinarian and would be happy to assist you. First, what city and state do you live in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

O'Fallon IL

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I live in O Fallon Illinois.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I live in O Fallon, Illinois.

Okay. Thanks for your patience while I looked into this. When you call places, you will want to indicate that you have an elderly animal who is suffering and that you cannot afford euthanasia services, and that you simply want to find a place that will provide a free "humane euthanasia". Many places will do that, especially if you are willing to take the body home for burial afterward. Here is who I would try:

Belleville Humane Society:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

And if they won't do it, next I would call:

St. Clair Animal Control:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

One of these places should be able to help you. Good luck. I can tell that you are a caring pet owner who simply wants to end the suffering of a furry friend, and I wish you the best. Take care.

Hi Jo,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Jody. How is everything going?

Dr. Ann M.