Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

yellow lab has red ear inside what can I do

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions to be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is it one or both ears?
2- Does he have a bad odor?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

only in one ear, no bad ordor

Chris, the ear being red is inflammation most likely secondary to an ear infection. This is what you can do:

1- Pick up in your local pet store an ear cleaning solution and clean the ear using cotton. You can also use plain water for now If the ear is very irritated, once the irritation improves use the ear cleaning solution.
2- After cleaning the ear as above apply a topical antibiotic like neosporin or bacitracin.
3- Do the above twice a day for 10-14 days. Always clean the ear as above before applying the topical antibiotic.
4- If you do not see significant improvement in 2-3 days after doing the above have him checked by your family veterinarian.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Hi Chris,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Tigger. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter