Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

can I give my 14 pound dog half an immodium pill? I do not

can I give my 14 pound dog half an immodium pill? I do not have then liquid form

Dr. Whitehead :

Hello there. My name isXXXXX yes you can safely give imodium to Louie for soft stools. 1/2 tablet is just about the right dose for a dog his size. The published dose is right around 1 tablet per 40 lbs of body weight. The medication is safe enough that 1/2 tablet for 14 lbs is close enough even though its slightly high and it will not cause a problem. You can give imodium two to three times daily. So again yes 1/2 tablet is safe for Louie two to three times a day. If anything worsens definitely have him seen by your vet. I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. I would be happy to help.

Dr. Whitehead :

Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!