catzanddogz
catzanddogz, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a Veterinarian and a pet owner. I have practiced cat and dog clinical medicine for over 25 years.
75340398

I have a 13 yr old Boston Terrier, and she has benign fibroid

I have a 13 yr old Boston Terrier, and she has benign fibroid tumors (confirmed by vet) the one on her face has burst and the skin is raw. Is there anything I can do for her besides keeping it clean, applying Neosporin, and using a cone to keep her fom aggravating it? Besides going to the vet for $150.00!?

catzanddogz :

If you want to speak to a particular expert (Vet) - I can forward this to a moderator who can try to contact them - I see that this was originally for 'dogface1"

Customer:

I was assigned to a Dr. Scott. Where is his answer?

catzanddogz :

I will get a moderator to forward this to him, he may not be online at the moment!

Customer:

Thank you I will wait for moderator or Dr. Scott.

Customer:

Hello? Will someone, and at this point I don't care who, ANSWER MY QUESTION ABOUT THE CARE OF MY DOG!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I have messaged Dr Scott for you. When he comes online he will assist you. Thank you for your continued patience:-)
Camille -Moderator
I am going to offer you an answer while you are waiting for Dr. Scott. Mostly because there may not be anything else you really can do. Even benign tumors can cause problems if they constantly open, bleed and ooze. Keeping it clean with warm water (I don't recommend peroxide, it is too irritating to the skin), applying neosporin and the cone are the best home remedies for these sorts of tumors. If it keeps bleeding or is growing bigger or is bothering her - you might want to get it surgically removed. Some vets can use "cryotherapy" which is using cold liquid nitrogen to freeze small tumors off - much like you would do with warts. More often, your dog has to be sedated and then tumor cut off surgically. I hope this is helpful - I wish there was an alternative since you are already doing this!!!
catzanddogz, Veterinarian
Experience: I am a Veterinarian and a pet owner. I have practiced cat and dog clinical medicine for over 25 years.