Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.

our silky terrier cries when he takes a poo or move tail to

our silky terrier cries when he takes a poo or move tail to look at his hind end. No blood, no cahnge in activity, no change in diet
Hi, I'm Dr. Deb. I will do my best to assist you today.
I'm sorry for this concern about your dog.
I do have a few questions to ask about him first, if you don't mind:

1. How old is he?
2. How long has this been going on?
3. Are his stools really hard and firm or normal consistency?
4. Does his tail just hang down in between his legs or does he wag it?

There may be a slight delay since I have to type up a response to you. Thanks for your patience. Deb
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he is 8 years old

about a month

normal consistency

his tail looks no different he has a short tail moves it normal

Thanks so much for the additional information.

I assume that he's had his anal glands checked, since this would be the most common cause of discomfort while defecting in a dog this age and size.
If not, then this is definitely something I would pursue. If you're not familiar with these glands, this LINK provides a great deal of information about them which may be useful.
While you can try to empty these glands yourself, it would probably be best if a vet or vet tech or possibly a groomer did this now since he's so uncomfortable. Emptying these glands externally (which is what most groomers do) is not nearly as effective as internally which is how vets and vet techs perform the procedure.

Additional causes of pain when defecating could be related to his spine where there's compression of the spinal cord or possibly issues with his colon. It's possible that a good physical exam and rectal might detect such a problem or additional testing may be needed.
I've seen some dogs with arthritis behave as you describe but this is usually seen in older dogs where it's difficult for them to "hold the position" so to speak.

If his anal glands haven't been emptied in a while, I'd start there first.
I might also consider over the counter Aspirin if he's not currently taking any other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. The dose would be 10 mg/lb twice a day given with food to avoid stomach upset.

I might also try adding a small amount of fiber to his diet such as canned pumpkin (NOT the pie mix) at a dose of 1/4-1/2 teaspoon per day to soften the stools in the event that he's uncomfortable producing the consistency of the stools he's currently producing.

I hope this helps and that the problem is easily remedied. Deb
Thanks so much for the rating; it's greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best with your dog. I also hope you'll keep me posted about him.
Even though you've rated, we can still continue to communicate at no additional charge to you.
I can also send you a follow up email in a few days to which you can respond when you have the time.

Kindly ignore the information request. Regards, Deb
I'm just following up on our conversation about your dog. How is he doing? Deb