How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Gabby Your Own Question
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 11994
Experience:  DVM 19 years. Compassionate, Caring, Experienced.
2263760
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Gabby is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my puppy ate a peanut butter cup. what should i do?

This answer was rated:

my puppy ate a peanut butter cup. what should i do?

Hello and thank you for asking your question. My name isXXXXX will try to help.

How much does he weigh? Was it a full sized peanut butter cup or a mini one?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he weighs about 3lbs, it was a mini

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he weighs about 3lbs and it was a mini

As long as it was the milk chocolate kind, and not the dark chocolate kind, then all you should see is some mild gastrointestinal upset. That could include a lack of appetite, vomiting, and diarrhea.

There is not much chocolate in milk chocolate.

Dark chocolate is more toxic.

If he gets can upset stomach, you can give him 1/4 teaspoon, of human pepto bismal, every 6 hours as needed. You can also feed him a bland diet of plain cooked chicken and rice. That is easier to digest than dog food.

I would expect any gastrointestinal upset to resolve in 24 hours.

I hope this helps.

If you have additional questions, please click "reply."

Thanks

Dr. Gabby and 4 other Dog Veterinary Specialists are ready to help you
Hi Tracy,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Gabby