Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian

my is approx 44 days pregnant she has had a loose bowel

my bitch is approx 44 days pregnant she has had a loose bowel today just the once should I worry Rita XXXX

Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 12 years. Thank you for your question about Mabel. Do you know if she ate anything different over the last 24 hours? Any vomiting? Was the loose stool today bloody or black?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Re; Mabel no vomiting no blood - stool very light - have started her on small amount of puppy food small amount mixed in with her normal food Rita

Thanks for that information Rita. I wouldn't be that concerned at this time with the loose stools just starting up. If she is otherwise eating, drinking, and acting normal - then this loose stool could be very easily attributed to the small amount of puppy food mixed in with her normal food. Changing foods / treats is one of the most common causes of a brief bout of loose stools. The intestinal tract is getting used to the new things it is seeing and it usually will figure things out with no needed medical help. I would continue to do what you're doing and she should be fine. If she was to start to have vomiting or go off food, then I would get concerned.
Hi Rita,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Mabel. How is everything going?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

everything is as you said Mabel is now eating with stools starting to firm up scan done and we have four + babies many thanks if I need to ask another time will contact regards XXXXX XXXXX

I'm glad that things are going well! Do let me know if any further questions come up! Get ready for the new additions to the family.