PawsDoc
PawsDoc, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a veterinarian practicing in New York. I look forward to helping you answer your questions!
53734430

Is there something I can feed or give my dog becuse I think

Is there something I can feed or give my dog becuse I think she ate some grass that had Home Defense poison sprayed on it this morning.
Hello I'm PawsDoc I'd like to help you.
Home defense contains birethrin as a toxin. Please verify this on the bottle of possible. Luckily this toxin is in a family of pyrethroids. Pyrethroids are synthetic pyrethrins and are probably the most commonly sold OTC pesticides one sees on the shelves today. These have an advantage of being even a bit less toxic than pyrethrins (still toxic to cats, though!) and less insect resistance. There are dozens of pyrethroids on market now (presumably in an attempt to stay a bit ahead of the insect resistance problem). Just about any poison that ends in ‘thrin' is a pyrethroid (eg. Permethrin, Bifenthrin, Cyfluthrin, Resmethrin etc.).

So the small amount Sassy had ingested will likely cause no issues. If you now any vomiting diarrhea or lethargy please seek veterinary care otherwise just avoid further ingestion.
Read more: http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/782/#ixzz2cv30h5Uk

I hope that answers your question please ACCEPT below if you are satisfied or reply with questions.
Thanks PawsDoc
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she had a bowel movement that had grass in it and was full of mucus and is antsy but otherwise follows me around when I leave the room, etc. Does all of this sound okay?

Yes that's fine- mucus in the stool is ok. If it develops into diarrhea, or if vomiting begins thats worth a very check up.
My best
PawsDoc
Hi Jane,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Sassy. How is everything going?

PawsDoc
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am very pleased with your response and have told two of my friends so far about your web site and the replies I got so fast - thank you.

I'm really glad i could help you.
I look forward to hearing from you in the future.
Thanks PawsDoc