Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM 15 years. Compassionate, Caring, Experienced.

my puppy is peeing without noticing it and is frequently trying

my puppy is peeing without noticing it and is frequently trying to urinate and then nothing comes out, should we be rushing him to a vet?
Hello and thank you for asking your question. My name isXXXXX will try to help.
How old is he? When did his symptoms start? Do you see blood in the urine?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Zeke is a little under 5 months old, this just started earlier today. This morning he tried to defecate several times, then eventually did. Now he is attempting to urinate, will get a sprinkle out, and then accidentally makes without noticing while walking. Right now he is very uneasy but does not appear to be in pain

As long as he is able to pass urine, he is eating and drinking, and you are not seeing blood then you can wait until tomorrow to take him to the vet.
However, he is probably going to keep you up all night, with the frequent urination, so you may want to take him to the emergency clinic tonight. The emergency clinic will do an exam, a urinalysis, and most likely prescribe antibiotics.
I hope this helps.
If you have additional questions, please click "reply."
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is it at all advisable to take a homeopathic approach if it is indeed a urinary tract infection? Or is it unlikely that he will find any type of relief without antibiotics?

No, I have not had any luck with cranberry extract, or other homeopathic treatments, if the urinary tract infection has already occurred. You can do the cranberry to prevent further infections. He would probably greatly appreciate a course of antibiotics. You can give him probiotics to counter act the antibiotics killing off the good flora in the intestines. Fortiflora, by purina, is a good one. They sell it at petsmart and online. You could also give him a few spoonfuls of yogurt, with active cultures, twice a day.
Hi Jason,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Zeke. How is everything going?

Dr. Gabby