Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 15 years.
53976849

my 62 pound airedale just ate a peach pit that I dropped on

my 62 pound airedale just ate a peach pit that I dropped on the floor. Should I be worried?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Dogdoc4u :

Welcome to the chat!! I am Dr. Altman, a licensed veterinarian and happy to answer your questions today.

Dogdoc4u :

How large was the pit approximately?

Customer:

I'm not sure. medium to large size

Dogdoc4u :

Most of these types of pits very likely the stomach acids are going to break down the pit and it won't be an issue with a dog Tucker's size

Dogdoc4u :

I would recommend giving a couple of pieces of bread and repeating in a few hours

Dogdoc4u :

Nice long walks tomorrow to ensure that the gi tract is moving along and monitoring for the pit to come out the other end within 24-48 hours

Customer:

next time i cut up peaches, he is going in his crate! OK, what will the bread do?

Dogdoc4u :

If there is any vomiting it is time to have a veterinary exam to ensure the pit is not causing an obstruction

Dogdoc4u :

The bread helps bulk up the pit and push it through the gi tract

Dogdoc4u :

Yes, they sure can be fast when they want to!

Customer:

ok, that makes me feel better. We will give him the bread and watch him. Thanks!

Dogdoc4u :

You are very welcome

Dogdoc4u :

Can I assist with any additional questions today?

Customer:

no, thanks. That's enough crisis for today!

Dogdoc4u :

LOL, yes I would say so.

Dogdoc4u :

If it makes you feel better this is all I have gotten for questions today

Dogdoc4u :

My dog ate...

Dogdoc4u :

You are not alone :)

Dogdoc4u :

Good luck to you and Tucker the next few days

Dogdoc4u :

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any additional questions

Customer:

thank you. good bye.

Dogdoc4u :

Good night, good luck!

Dogdoc4u :

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION. Bonuses are always welcome. (I am not compensated in any other way). Thanks!

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!

Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience: Practicing small animal veterinarian for 15 years.
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jean,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Tucker. How is everything going?

Dogdoc4u