Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Welcome to the chat!! I am Dr. Altman, a licensed veterinarian and happy to answer your questions today.
Callie ingested approximately 2 mg/ kg. Generally dosages below 20 mg/kg cause mild signs only, most commonly vomiting and lethargy.
If we want to minimize the side effects and since it is less than an hour from ingestion you can give 2 tsp of 3% hydrogen peroxide and walk her around. The walking is critical to mix the peroxide in her stomach and agitate the lining
This can be repeated once in 15 minutes if there is no vomiting
I am going to change formats in case you are having difficulties with live chat
Please let me know if you have any additional questions I can assist with or clarify