Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

My dog accidently injested about 60 milligrams of phenobarbitol.

My dog accidently injested about 60 milligrams of phenobarbitol. She weighs about 55 lbs.It was one of the other dogs meds for seizures..I realize this is not a toxic amount. However one site said she still needed to go to the vet and be made to throw up because of possible damage later. What is your opinion?
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today.

Friend, the dose Piper ingested a dose based on her weight comes out to 2.4mg/kg which is within therapeutic limits, this will Not be toxic for Piper. At worst, she may be a little sleepier otherwise she will be fine. No need to induce vomiting, no damage expected at any time. No worries.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter