Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM 19 years. Compassionate, Caring, Experienced.
2263760

I have a 10 week old Yorkie puppy. He was fine this morning,

I have a 10 week old Yorkie puppy. He was fine this morning, playful and ate his food as usual. Around noon he became restless, and lethargic. He then started vomiting and shivering. I thought he was suffering from hypoglycemia, so I rubbed some honey on his gums and in mouth. 3 hours later he is still lethargic. He drank some water but then vomited that as well. I am not sure if I need immediate care.
Hello and thank you for asking your question. My name isXXXXX will try to help.
How many times did he vomit?
Did he keep the water down?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He has vomited in all about 10 times today. He vomited the water about 5 minutes after he drank it. The color of his vomit is brown (color of his food) and really stringy and sticky.

Ok, I was hoping he just vomited once or twice and he was keeping water down.
This is sounding more serious so he does need immediate care.
Until you can get him to a vet, you can try giving him pepto bismal. 1/4 teaspoon, per 5 pounds of weight, every 6 hours.
You can also give him children's pedialyte drink, with a syringe or eye dropper, to help prevent dehydration.
Rub honey, or pancake syrup, on his gums every 2 hours until he is eating normally again.
He could have the parvo virus. It takes at least 3 vaccines, given 3-4 weeks apart, until they are fully protected. The parvo virus usually causes diarrhea too but it can start with vomiting.
He could have ingested a non-food object and now it is causing a gastrointestinal blockage.
He could have a bacterial or parasitic infection.
I hope this helps.
If you have other questions, please click "reply."
Thanks
Hi Angela,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Max. How is everything going?

Dr. Gabby