Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

Dog has 4 or so round bumps on side. No pain r reaction to

Dog has 4 or so round bumps on side. No pain r reaction to touch. No discoloration. Soft, seem liquidish/jellyish inside.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions to be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Are the lumps above or below the skin?
2- Are they firmly attach to the underlying tissue?
3- How long has this been going on?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

seem part of skin. inside liquidy. 3 months.

Sara, what you are describing is consistent with a very common benign tumors called lipomas, these are tumors made of fat cells, they pose no health risk. Certainly, there could be other causes like a cyst or other types of lumps. To determine the exact nature of the lumps I would recommend you speak to your family veterinarian about doing an FNA (fine needle aspirate); this is a very quick test where your vet will collect a sample of the cells with a needle. Requires no anesthesia, inexpensive when compared to a biopsy and can be done within minutes during an office examination. Your vet will most likely submit sample to a lab to be evaluated under the microscope for a definitive diagnosis. The decision of benign neglect or complete surgical removal should be made based on FNA results.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Hi Sara,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Cleo. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter