Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

I have a litter of Chesapeake bay Retrievr pups in the back yard 10 weeks old in a 12X12 k

I have a litter of Chesapeake bay Retrievr pups in the back yard 10 weeks old in a 12X12 kennel run there are 9 of them total plus 2 adult dogs the pups are barking relentlessly, to the point that animal control has come out to our house for barking , i looked online and found a devise that is supposed to be able to stop multiple dogs from barking at one time using a "High freguency pitch noise" when the dogs bark .sound is supossed to be "Like Nails on a Chalkboard" will this be safe to use ? I live in a sub division thats why with neighbors all around . The Name of the product is " the Dog Silencer Pro" I wanted to ask a profesional before I bought this product ?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 12 years. Thank you for your question. This is a situation that is definitely frustrating. Will this product work as billed? Honestly, it may work for some and it may not for others. It is a product that should be safe to use. It is meant to be a negative stimulus for vocalization. It won't hurt those not barking to hear it. It will definitely get their attention. It may provide enough of a negative stimulus to stop those from barking. The other thing to consider here is that they have lots of energy and the barking is one way to express that. If you can get them out and exercise / let them play in a bigger area, they would be more likely to burn off energy in a more productive way. They would then be apt to sleep / rest better in the cage. These little ones need plenty of play as the barking is an indication of this. So you can try the Dog Silencer Pro as it may help, but it may not. They can't be looked at as total miracle cures for all situations.
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience: 15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?