Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 15 years.
53976849

Hi Dr. Altman...Dash died yesterday afternoon

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Dogdoc4u :

Welcome to the chat!! I am Dr. Altman, a licensed veterinarian and happy to answer your questions today.

Dogdoc4u :

I am so very sorry to hear, what happened? You must be devastated...

Customer:

We are devastated...he took a rapid turn for the worse yesterday morning so we called our vet and he met us at the clinic and we held him and said goodbye...toughest day we have had...we had just picked up his script for gabapentin and were going to try to see if this would help...we didn't get the chance...so...we are comforting his sister and doing our best to get through all of this....he was a very beautiful boy...I wish you could have seen him...just one of the most gentle souls ever...he is missed.

Dogdoc4u :

My heart breaks for you and your family. I am so incredibly sorry for your loss

Customer:

We so appreciate all of your counsel and help...you made our way a little easier by all of the great advice and help...thank you so very much...

Dogdoc4u :

I so wish I could have done more for you all, losing a beloved pet takes a piece of your heart and tears it out. Especially one so young!

Customer:

I am sure you will hear feom me again...Miss Lily is having a rough time through all of this....first time EVER she has not slept nose to nose with her brother...so hard to watch her look for him, but we expect this and will get her through...yes, losing him so young is just almost more than we can bear...he was the talker and when he came in the room he drew all of the oxygen out with his energy....

Dogdoc4u :

That sounds familiar, I have had one similar. I wish you all the best, XXXXX XXXXX sure to give her lots of exercise and attention. It might take a month or more for her to move forward but with your support she will pull through the other side.

Customer:

I will contact you again soon, if for no other reason than to say hi and keep you updated on the rest of his pack....thank you again for your kindness you support and your help.....God Bless.....

Dogdoc4u :

You as well, my thoughts are with you. Hug from afar will hopefully give you a glimmer of comfort

Customer:

Hug back and more than a glimmer...thank you...

Dogdoc4u :

You are very welcome...

Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience: Practicing small animal veterinarian for 15 years.